This policy came into effect January 16th, 2014.
Access to Court Records policy
- Appendix A - Non-Publication Orders
- Appendix B - Determining Record Suspension Eligibility
- Appendix C - Redaction of Personal Data Identifiers Guidelines
FORMS ( Download and save form to fill out by computer)
- Form A - Court Records Request
- Form B - Redaction Request - Filed Documents
- Form C - Redaction Request - Exhibits
- Form D - Redaction Request - Transcripts
- Form E - Request for Appeal
- Form F - Certificate of Redaction
Use of Technology in the Courtrooms/Courthouse
There are specific rules regarding the use of technology within the Courtrooms/Courthouse (In force 01April2013).
- Public Use of Technology policy
- Media Use of Technology policy
Media Accreditation Policy
All members of the Media must receive formal accreditation in order to use technology within the Courtrooms/Courthouse. Forms are to be submitted to the office of the Sheriff of the Nunavut Court of Justice (In force 01April2013).
- Media Accreditation policy
- Media Accreditation Form 1
- Media Accreditation and Use of Technology Form 2
For further information on these policies, please view the following backgrounder: (Please note that this document is required reading for Media applicants.)
- Canadian Judicial Counsel, The Canadian Justice System and the Media, 2010
Legislated Fee Structure for the Nunavut Court of Justice
Forms for document requests and filing with the Nunavut Court of Justice Registry.
All questions and comments should be directed to the Registry which can be reached at (867)975-6100/1866-286-0546 (Toll-Free). Alternatively, you can find their contact emails on the Court Contacts page on this website.
Transcript Request Form
Civil Registry - Filing by Fax or Email Request Form
Civil Registry - File Search Request Form
Office of the Sheriff - Filing by Fax or Email Request Form
Office of the Sheriff - File Search Request Form